Blacktail Deer Hunting
Alaska Hunting Lodge
Be sure and watch the Outdoor Channel to see our Western Extreme Outdoors and our Choose Your Weapon shows with Jim Burnworth and Ray Bunny hunting at our Alaska Hunting Lodge. Watch them take decent deer with their bows and rifles.
We are currently taking reservations for our 2016 and 2017 Deer Hunting packages. Come to Port Lions Lodge to enjoy your Kodiak Island hunting vacation. We offer self-guided transport hunts. All of our hunters spend the nights in our ocean front Kodiak Island lodge and have breakfast and dinner in the lodge. Lunches are packed out to the field to be enjoyed while glassing for that buck. Our Kodiak Island deer hunting is some of the finest deer hunting in Alaska.
What is included with your Kodiak Island Deer Hunt:
- Pick up from the Kodiak airport and transport to Port Lions Lodge and back to the airport at the end of your week long Kodiak deer hunt.
- Three meals per day. Breakfast will be a full hot meal. Lunch will be packed to take to the field with you each day. Dinner will be a full hot meal served family style in the lodge with fresh baked bread and dessert.
- Lodging- 6 nights and five days of Lodging. You will sleep in the comfort of the lodge and enjoy a warm shower and soft bed each night without the concern of bears visiting your camp at night.
- Drop off and pick up on the beach. You will be dropped as close to first light as possible and you will be picked up at an arranged time and location at dusk.
- Warm facilities for processing your Kodiak deer. Hang your deer in our shop and do all your processing in the warmth away from the wind and elements; and bears.
- Fishing, Waterfowl, or Fox Hunting– If you tag out early we will happily put you onto other activities.
What is not included:
- Hunting Licenses
- Land Use fees- $125pp sold at the lodge. Money goes to the Afognak Native Corp that owns and allows us to hunt their land.
- Alcohol- Port Lions is damp; you can bring your own but we cannot sell alcohol.
- Gratuities- The staff of Port Lions Lodge will work hard to ensure you have an enjoyable and safe experience. Any gratuities at the end of your trip will be greatly appreciated. Many clients ask what the typical gratuity is at Port Lions Lodge. Average gratuities run 10%- 20%.